The Year in Review 2017
Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. Antonio Smith, American football defensive end
2017 has been a busy year here at Under10. Our workshops and the new book, Turn Ideas Into Products, are helping teams create a nimble planning process. Our Under10 Playbook software has gone though a few iterations with a major facelift occurring in 2018.
What were our most popular posts of 2017?
- What are the best product metrics? introduces "pirate metrics" which so many haven't seen. (If you haven't seen it, it's new to you!)
- Analyzing your Buyer’s Journey reminds us how win/loss analysis reveals insights of the entire journey, from buying to using to referrals.
- The best roadmap isn't a big effort takes a look at a simple way of reporting your short-term plans using the Five Queues.
- Affinity Mapping: A Powerful Tool is something every facilitator needs to embrace for brainstorming sessions.
- It Helps When We All Work For The Same Company shows what happens when one department is out of sync with the others.
I've come to think of the product leader's role as more of an orchestra conductor. It's about aligning and guiding; it's not about telling others what to do. Come to think of it—that's what we want from a company president too.
For 2018, pick a few new skills to master. Not too many. Under 10.